The Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment (MOHWE)
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Biodiversity Photography Competition
Theme: “I Am Biodiversity”
The aim of the competition is to showcase the rich biological diversity on Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and promote the conservation and sustainable use through the presentation of images.
Photo Contest: Guidelines
Vincentian nationals and residents are invited to enter the National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan (NBSAP), photo competition. The competition is guided by the following rules.
Photo competition rules
- The competition begins in March 2014; all entries should be received by 30th April 2014 by 11:59 p.m. Atlantic time. Entries arriving after the date and time will not be considered.
- Submit only digital images showing any aspect of the biodiversity of St Vincent and the Grenadines including; plants, animals and microorganism, their genes and ecosystems.
- The photos must be taken in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- The photo should be owned by the person submitting the photo.
- Each photo should be accompanied by a brief description of the value of the image in the photo to the biodiversity of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- The photo along with the registration form should be attached and emailed to
- Each person is allowed to submit a maximum of only 5 images. Each image should have a separate registration form.
- All entries will be judged on representativeness of biodiversity in SVG, the quality of the photo and the description of the value of the image in the photo to the biodiversity of SVG.
- No harm or damage should be done to biodiversity in the attempt to capture the photo.
The contest is only open to Vincentian nationals & residents grouped into 4 categories:
- Primary School
- Secondary School
- General (This category is opened to persons not in category 1-3).
There will be 3 winners in each category, 1st Prize, 2nd Prize and 3rd Prize.
The prizes will consist of a range of digital cameras.
The images will be on public display in exhibitions and other mediums before the winners are announced.
The decisions of the judges will be final.
- Images should be submitted in jpeg format.
- The image should be a minimum width of 1700 pixels and minimum height of 2200 pixels.
- The image resolution should be no less than 200 dpi.
Cost to enter: Free
How to submit your photos:
Attach your photo/s to an email and send to:
Write “I Am Biodiversity” in the Subject line and attach your photos to the email. Ensure that your name, home address, email address and telephone number and the short description of the image are included in the registration form along with the image.
The photos you submit must be your own work and by submitting them to the competition you acknowledge that you own the copyright to use each image.
Please note that by submitting entries, you agree that the Ministry of Health, Wellness and the Environment (MOHWE), has the rights to use your photos in the promotion of biodiversity in SVG and in any publication, websites and other promotion material, connected to the biodiversity of SVG.
Your submission is a declaration that the photos are your own work and you have permission to enter them into this competition.
Click here to view the poster for the photo competition
Click here to view the registration form for the photo competition